WordPress KC co-organizer, Karissa Skirmont, will cover the ins and outs of how to improve the appearance of your WordPress website/theme and better represent your brand.
We will be covering…
• How to customize the theme
• How to bring the colors of your logo into the rest of your theme
• What is a favicon
• Issues you might have uploading your logo
• Fonts and why sometimes they are too small
• What the H1, H2 etc tags are really for (hint: its not to make text bigger or smaller)
• Where to find royalty free graphics to use on your blog posts (and save yourself from getting a $7000 demand letter)
• And more
This Meetup is good for WordPress users of all skill levels, especially beginners – since working with a pre-made theme is usually the first step of building your website. We will not be setting up or installing WordPress at this Meetup.
Karissa guides the technical magic so women entrepreneurs stay focused on their brilliance! She does this through through WordPress websites, branding and strategic systems.
As an experienced web developer/graphic designer & business strategist, she has helped hundreds of small business owners and entrepreneurs build and improve their businesses since 2005. She has over 10 years experience working with WordPress, specializes in WordPress MulitSite, founded the WordPress Multisite Community FB Group and is obsessed with all things purple.
Connect with Karissa
• Networking – Chat with other group members: 7pm
• Member introductions: 7:15pm
• Presentation: ~7:30pm
• Q&A: Immediately following presentation
• Chat and talk shop: Following Q&A, up until 9pm
Connect with WordPress KC
WordPress KC hosts our Meetups regularly at 7pm on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at the Plaza branch of the Kansas City Library.
Mark your calendars from now until eternity!